Hope in the Valley need volunteers with a variety of skills:
- ‘Horsey’ people to lead ponies and others to walk alongside the riders to help and encourage them.
- Horse Care session assistants
- People to clean and look after our Tack and equipment
- Tea ladies to provide refreshments.
- Trailer drivers for the ponies
- Aides to help riders with their hats and boots.
- Administration, publicity and fund raising.
Benefits for you
- Learn new skills
- Help to make a difference
- Make new friends
- Be part of a team
- Keep fit!
- Boost your CV
ALL VOLUNTEERS ARE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO A DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE (DBS) CHECK AND COMPLETE AN RDA VOLUNTEER APPLICATION FORM.
- All volunteers are required to attend an induction and initial training session, and can attend RDA Regional and National training courses if they wish to extend their knowledge.
- An in-house annual training session is held at the beginning of every academic year.
- Some volunteers may want to train to become coaches with full support and assistance is given to those who wish to pursue this.
- Our coaches are required to regularly attend Child Protection and First Aid courses. However all volunteers may attend these courses if they so wish.
- RDA National offers a range of on-line courses for volunteers, free of charge. You can sign up for training in Disability Awareness and Safeguarding by clicking here LINK TO RDA E-TRAINING
Volunteer Your Pony
Most of the ponies used by the Group are loaned to us by their owners. If you have a pony which may be suitable for RDA use, please contact us.
We are always keen to recruit new equines.